Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back, looking forward

Happy 2010!!
When I last posted, we were heading towards Christmas and the vacation that comes with it. We went on our cruise. I was at 194 when we left. My dear husband brought along our digital scale-this was major as all of our Christmas bags (including Santa) came as well. We had 4 bags-crazy. Anyway... I was so thrilled that on the second day I was at 193!! Wow-so amazing. My best friend, her kiddos and my in-laws were with us for the trip. I was so grateful for my friend on the trip, we worked out almost every day. It was challenging to weigh as the trip wore on, the water rocked the boat and made the reading rocky (inconsistent). I did like having a frame of reference though. I wasn't perfect-who is? I ate many desserts and fried foods. I was up a bit when I came home but am happy to report that today I am at 192! Things are going great. We just completed time at my parents house and we were able to do that as well without too many challenges.
I have made my New Year's resolution to give up white sugar for one year. I know I may not be able to give it up for forever but one year seems manageable and something I can prove to myself. Over our cruise my friend said several times.. "You have so much willpower!" That was something I don't think anyone has ever said to me. I didn't feel like I was exercising much willpower, I just knew how much I love being below 200 and how thrilled I am to be forced to get new clothes because my existing closes are too big-a first!
Today, I completed the cleaning out of my closet. I took an enormous amount of clothes to the Goodwill. I did panic a bit after dropping them off. What if I gain the weight back? I had to take some deep breaths.
My husband and I have many nicknames we have created for each other over the years. He has a new one for me that I just love-skinny.
LOVE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment