Thursday, January 7, 2010

the best number evahhh

I am at 190.5 today!!!! Can you hear me? I am shouting it from the rooftops-190.5.... 190.5!!
I have been hovering at 192 for a few days and yes... I am spoiled-I expect that dial to move!! Every day if possible.
I was a little worried yesterday and wondered if I had the stamina to stick with it if I stayed at 192 for a week, a month, a year. That will happen and happen more that once or twice I am sure. You can't realistically expect to never be on a plateau as you drop from 200+ to 150 or so. The scale is sometimes our major measure of success so perhaps thinking of other ways to measure success will be important-I think Susan even talked about this at one of our meetings.
I told myself that even though the needle wasn't moving I was grateful to be where I was and that since I had given away all of my old clothes I really don't have a choice about going back to old habits and that even at 192, I feel happy; my knees don't hurt all the time, I have more energy and I am in tune with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment