Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just returning home from attending a support meeting with the Bluebonnet Group in Clear Lake. I am so grateful that I went tonight and also that Susan and Dr. Kalia are such thoughtful listeners. The support group is made up some very intelligent and kind people who all want to have healthier bodies. As I walked into the house tonight, I was thinking that in some ways I feel like I have stepped into a dream and I hope it never ends. I know that this is the right time combined with the right way of eating-the stars seem aligned for success.
I made a public commitment tonight and so I will record it here. Goals that are written and spoken become successes. I committed to giving up any sweet (cookie, cake, pie or ice cream-any dessert made with refined white sugar) for one year beginning on New Year's Day. I just told my sweet husband and he responded that the goal seems too tough. I am determined. It was an epiphany on my way home. I have been talking about giving up sugar for forever and that just seemed too sad to even consider. But for a year? That is not forever. I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment