Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The real scoop... and poop?

Sharing means really sharing... right?
I think I need to begin to chart my weight loss by the month. I think I might see a pattern. Right before I started my period, I had POWERFUL cravings for sweets. I indulged on my free day. This is one step down the wrong path. My period began last Wednesday and I have eaten one kind of sweet or another almost every day. This is bad-real bad. I am trying to get off sugar but it is HARD. I have written before that sugar is like alcohol to and alcoholic or cocaine to anyone but for real-it is addictive for me. If I indulge once-I am hooked. If I buy something sweet from the store and bring it home or bake something sweet, I won't stop until it is all gone-regardless of how much that may mean that I will eat. I was worried tonight after eating a few dark chocolate cookies but after throwing up (stomach acid + bypass + poor nutrition ='s vomit) I am at 198. At my lowest, I have been at 196. We are leaving on a cruise in 2 weeks and I want to do as much good as I can for my body before then as possible. I am determined to re-give up sugar this week and renew myself. It is devastating to think I can never eat sugar again-I love it so... It is also sad to think that I don't have better control.
On to other... more stinky subjects. For a bypass patient, poop can be a sore subject-literally. Without careful nutrition, one can become impacted very easily. Before surgery I would "go" almost every day. I know this might sound weird but I miss that. It felt strangely cleansing to me-like my body was effectively handling my food intake. Now, if I "go" once a week, I celebrate. I know some people get very worked up about this bodily function, take pills, feel pain-that is not me. I just go with the flow. I try to drink lots of water to help (painful process if not!).
I may get in trouble but my sweetie has the opposite problem-he has IBS and a day he doesn't have to go is a celebration! Funny how everyone is different. Our new way of eating has made a HUGE difference in this area for him.
Anywhoo random thoughts-I share this for my doctor and nutritionist-the more whole the picture, the easier to treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment