Monday, December 14, 2009

I the Husband.....Dec. 14, 2009

Last blog weight was 358 and today is 354.
I thought at one point recently that I would love to have 350 as my goal weight before Christmas week. I think that would represent a loss of 30 lbs from the beginning. Did not think I could lose that much in a couple of weeks when I was 362; but now it seems not only as a possible goal but even likely. The new clothes I purchased on Black Friday after Thanksgiving were tight in anticipation of the "body to come". Started wearing them now and they are already fitting me just right. Really starting to find that all of my old clothes are noticeably baggy. I feel so much more comfortable at work all day in clothes that have room to spare.
Eating is going well. Still focusing on drinking lots of water all day long.
Had some good experience this past week of moving my freestyle meals to match activities going on in my life.
Looking forward to the long week off for Christmas and the relaxing fun cruise we are taking with family. Have discussed plans for staying on program during the trip with the wife. First time in my life that I did not feel stressed about how to stay on target during a holiday trip. I feel completely confident. Maybe I should not be so confident? I see the upcoming cruise eating as simply eating at a resteraunt every day. Having the experiences over the last two months of eating good while at a resteraunt is going to help. I know you can order from the menu choices and ask for things to be prepared differently to align with the program. Gone are the days I let myself feel trapped by a menu and don't want to "bother" asking for a special preparation or substitution.
I think main meals will be easy. I'm thinking that snacks may be more of a challenge. Have talked about what we could bring with us for snacks. Certainly don't want to be snacking on ice cream on the lido deck! Or downing drinks by the pool. Anytime dining on this ship should allow for walking in a dining room and ordering even just a snack when its time. Like some drinks but not a regular drinker so even on a cruise this will not be a temptation or problem for me. In fact I have become so addicted to water with lemon that I can already feel myself laying on deck with the ocean in front of me and i'm thirsty for my water and lemon!

This whole trip could be more of a challenge for the kid. He will probably be in the kid's program allot. He loves any type of social club with other kids. I can just imagine they will have ice cream breaks etc. We always talk to him before situations that we know will be a challenge to make good decisions; but he is a young child and I know its tough. I'm pleasantly surprised how many times he does make a healthy choice or at least shows effort to make a better / modified choice.

Wife and I have talked about her going to the group meeting tonight. I am interested to hear the group advice on taking the cruise next week; suggestions and thoughts on having "happiness" all week and not so much "pleasure".

No comments:

Post a Comment