Thursday, November 5, 2009

This week... so far

Well, other than work stresses and menstrual cramps, the week has been slow but wonderful. We received our scale (just like the one our nutritionist uses) and I am proud to report that this morning I am at 201!!!!! Can you believe?! Thrilled-I am thrilled. My sweetie has lost as well but I will let him report that.
I am very thankful and appreciative of the additional help my husband has given me this week. On Sunday he could hear my sighs of frustration about chopping and preparing and came to help. What a difference that makes! He also has continued to make our breakfast each morning and that makes my morning so much easier. We have all been involved in dishes and he has helped me prepare some dinners as well. Food this week has gone well for us. I had been craving sweets (probably the time of the month) and had had a square of dark chocolate each night but that has past and for the last 2 nights have had none.
We do have a couple of questions....
  1. Someone in our house struggles to drink water and wants to know why Crystal Light is not ok.
  2. Our son has eaten what we have eaten for breakfast and dinner. For lunch he has had a sandwich with Ezekiel bread, mayo (light) or mustard, turkey and this week a slice of processed cheese. He has not lost any weight. I am astonished. We have been reflecting and perhaps he needs to eat a smaller portion size or maybe the we need to look closer at his lunches. I try to do something healthy but also easy to PRE-prepare because we are so busy and the morning can be our most stressful time.
  3. When can we meet and receive guidance on eating past our apprenticeship?
  4. When is our first "free" meal? There is a debate in our house on whether it is Sunday or Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. The water issue is tough when you drink as much as a horse. However based on prodding from my lovely wife and advice from Dr. Kalia and the concern I have not to generate more insulin than I need with my diabetes; I have dropped the crystal light and picked up fresh lemons and carry them with me every where. Not too hard since we have four lemon trees in the backyard loaded to the ground with lemons.
    Drinking plain water just taste awful to me and any time before Noon will make my stomach ache. I think it may be related to the IBS. Anyway I have the lemons in tow and have made the conversion.

    ReplyDelete