Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Reflections

Well, yes I had those cheese enchiladas and lots of sweets on Sunday. Yes, I gained some weight. I am trying to get it back off. Today I was 200.5. What a bummer. Dr. Kalia is so smart. I will never again over eat during a free day. I will have my enchilada, I may even have 1 sweet but I will never again have a free fest.
I loved the meeting tonight. I loved how everyone was so open, sharing about where they were. I LOVED how Susan and Dr. Kalia listened. That is so rare these days. So many people want to be heard-so few can give the gift of listening. I felt very edified from the evening. I had a great opportunity to reflect with my sweetie on the way home. He is sooo incredibly supportive- I am so thankful.
So- I think this is the beginning of me boycotting sweets for a while-I just can't control myself and once I have one-I have the craving on my tongue for too long. It really is like crack cocaine for me. Did you know that I grew up drinking many Dr. Peppers a day my entire life? Two years ago I decided to give it up and I thought it was going to be impossible. It turned out to be easy. I can give up almost anything but sugar is really my mountain to climb.
My sweet husband is feeling hungry after dinner. He is looking for solutions.
I have been a bit lazy this week about dinners and lunches. I need to motivate myself to work ahead-things work so much better when I do.
Recipe we love:

Cinnamon Apple Bagel
Toast one half of an Ezekiel bagel
While it is toasting, chop one apple into very small cubes and sprinkle with cinnamon.
When bagel is ready, spread with natural peanut butter and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of apples on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment