Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a nice break-mine was the bestest evah.
We were with my family in Conroe. That means my Mom, my Dad, my sister and her family (husband, son and daughter) from Monroe, LA plus two aunts and 1 uncle from Granbury, Tx.
My husband and I totally hit the black Friday sales and it was fun to spend time together but I don't know if I will do it again. I told him I liked the after Christmas sales when I focus on myself and not getting for others! Sounds selfish but there was a lot of self imposed pressure to get what was on our list!
So, food-We did ok, not perfect but ok. I rolled a huge igloo with me filled with the kinds of foods we can and should eat. At each meal I would look at what was being cooked and decide about whether I needed to add to the choices.
The results? Today I am at 197.5 which is AWESOME!! I have been floating between 200 and 199 for a while and it is getting frustrating. I am focusing on 190 as a new goal.
I have to share the most exciting thing that happened. Ok, my sister has been on a diet/exercise thing for a while and she looks AWESOME-I mean like healthy and skinny-so good.
All of the ladies went into my moms bedroom and my sis was going to try on some jeans my mom had stored away. It ended up that my sis is a size 14 ( I was insisting that she looks like a 10-what do I know!) anyway-guess who inherited all of her 18's?! Me! I left with a pile of jeans that fit just right. So lovely and also so great to see that with continued dedication, I am only a few steps away from her current size. "Skinny" doesn't seem like and impossible dream anymore.
We have decided to focus on adding back exercise so I am going to go to Fit Club tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment