Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday

Wednesday was a much better day food-wise. I didn't think that I liked pita pockets but my husband made me one for breakfast the day before and I found that I love them-they just need to be toasted. So, we had scrambled eggs with cheese in pita for breakfast, our designated snacks and we both LOVED the chicken pita for lunch. I made both a bit different. My husband eats more veggies than I. I had in mine, hummus, chicken, artichoke hearts chopped fine like a relish with grilled peppers, lemon and pepper and grated cheese. DE-Lish. Dinner was left overs. My husband ate his but I had a heavy load of personal stuff to do (birthday party stuff for the boy) and then work stuff. I ate a few "chips" made from the Ezequiel tortillas and humus. I had no hunger pangs at all. I wasn't trying to avoid dinner-I just hate left-overs and I was working on my feet till 9:30.
Today, Wednesday, is the boy's 8th birthday! We are almost out of food and I have not had a minute to go to the store for the next series of meals. The husband made scrambled eggs in pita (we are all still loving them!) and I was able to scrounge up the rest of the snacks for the day but I had to improvise lunch for my husband. I made sauteed zucchini pasta ( zucchini cut in small strings like pasta) with olive oil, cherry tomatoes, garlic, shrimp and chopped olives and artichoke hearts. I hope he likes it. Tonight we will be in Conroe at the boys birthday at a pizza place. We have both decided to have salads. I was able make and take cupcakes to the boys school without eating one or evening licking a bowl. This is major hard for me because I LOVE sweets. Come on free days!
I have been weighing and have seen a drop. I have only weighed once.
We ordered a medical scale last night.
When we return from San Antonio, we will shop better for the foods, chop a lot in advance and be better prepared for week 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment